Yep - Global Warming Causes That...
(Temperature Rising Jones)
Global warming... True or not, it seems every time you turn around there's another story on the news or in a magazine about how global warming is contributing to or causing some horrible something or other... In fact, it seems most everything is linked to global warming these days... And if you don't believe it, just ask Dr. John Brignell, a British engineering professor!
Dr Brignell maintains Numberwatch.co.uk, a web site devoted to monitoring the misuse of numbers in the media and politics... He's even written a couple of books on the subject (Sorry, wrong number! and The Epidemiologists: have they got scares for you!)...
And lately, he's been tracking global warming... Not with a thermometer, mind you, but with a web browser... He's compiled a list of over 600 things (and growing) either caused by or linked to global warming! Some are good, some are bad, and some are just ludicrous... They include:
- The melting and eventual loss of the snow and ice in the Alps
- The increase in snowfall near the Great Lakes
- An increase in the U.S death rate
- Fading fall foliage
- The collapse of Swedish gingerbread houses
- A shortage of maple syrup
- An increase in land suitable for agriculture
- The loss of agricultural land to deserts
- Teenage drinking
- and more!
So go check out the list... It's interesting when you see everything put together...
(And if you've seen a story he's missed, feel free to submit it and he's add it!)